Phil was right on time for our appointment. He was polite and professional. Phil took the time to clearly explain our options and respond to a number of questions. He never pressured us or spoke badly about his competition. Phil later responded to several follow up questions over the phone and by email. He was always responded promptly.
No one wants to be stuck out in the cold with an unexpected furnace breakdown, but it happens. Whatever the problem, we have certified technicians to diagnose and solve your heating problem promptly and professionally. We will always give you an honest appraisal of the overall health of your system.
When was the last time you inspected your heating system? Are you confident that your furnace or heat pump is working at peak efficiency? These appliances are among the most energy consuming devices in our home and need routine maintenance to operate efficiently at maximum capacity. Lack of maintenance could cause major problems, such as a clogged drain line backing water into your home or blockage of secondary heat exchangers.
Consider these facts about your home’s HVAC system:
- A very thin build up of dirt on a coil (about half of 1/16″) can result in a dramatic increase in energy consumption. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool your home and cause the system to run longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment. Do you know if your coils are clean?
- 75% of installed air conditioners may have an incorrect amount of refrigerant. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment. Do you know if your system is charged correctly?
- Proper system airflow allows for greatest comfort levels in your home. Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent and are the primary cause of blower motor failures. Do you know if airflow is obstructed?
With an annual tune-up, we can help keep your unit operating at optimum capacity. Our inspection covers the following procedures:
- Perform furnace heat exchanger inspection (where visually accessible)
- Inspect and adjust furnace safety devices (cleaning, if needed at an additional cost)
- Inspect pilot and/or flame sensor
- Inspect burner assembly for proper flame
- Inspect motors and if necessary lubricate moving parts
- Inspect media filters (replacement extra cost)
- Check furnace flue and venting for carbon monoxide leaks
- Test for natural gas leaks around furnace
- Check furnace blower compartment for cleanliness
- Check furnace for proper cycling
- Measure temperature variation on supply/return
- Check and adjust thermostat if necessary
- Check, and if needed, tighten all electrical connections
- Inspect condensate line
- Inspect condensate pump if applicable
- Check for cleanliness of ductwork
- Inspect fan belt tension if applicable
- Check thermocouple if applicable
- Test ignition system for proper operation
- Measure furnace blower motor amperage and voltage
- Test furnace safety and control circuits for proper operation
- Customer consultation on condition of equipment, design and overall operation
- And a smile!
Don’t just take it from us! Read this Angie’s List recommendation for homeowners to consider when getting an HVAC company to maintenance their A/C system: https://www.angieslist.com/videos/video-5-things-know-about-ac-maintenance.htm
Phil the Operations Manager was a pleasure to work with. He was prompt and professional and
always available to discuss any questions or concerns that I had. Customer service is a priority with Woodlands Heating and AC. Thanks Phil for providing exceptional customer service!
Brian arrived at the promised appointment time. He was very professional and considerate (wore shoe covers inside house). Took time to understand the problem and resolved it quickly.
10% off Repairs
-excluding Service Call or Tune Up base charge.
5% off Equipment
-not combinable with any other offers, discounts or trade in promotions.
This company is amazing! Called this morning for a service call and Brian was at my home within two hours. Forty-five minutes later repairs were complete! Truly awesome customer service…will definitely call next time I need repairs!