The highest efficiency and most advanced home comfort technology
Carrier’s® revolutionary Infinity heating and cooling system is the ultimate temperature control system of the future. Infinity is the only system you can buy that allows you to control temperature, humidity, air quality, fan speed, and ventilation—and even detects when your air filter needs replacing. The Infinity® System is so advanced it automatically adjusts for peak efficiency and performance.
Your complete Infinity System comprises the following state-of-the-art Carrier products:
- Infinity Control—The state-of-the-art control interface for the Infinity heating and cooling system, the Infinity Control is the only control you can buy that allows you to control temperature, humidity, air quality, fan speed and ventilation.
- Infinity Air Conditioner or Infinity Heat Pump—Conditions your air for both heating and cooling.
- Infinity Gas Furnace—Provides reliable, high efficiency heating for long-lasting comfort and energy savings.
- Evaporator Coil—Allows the refrigerant to absorb heat from the air as it passes over the coil surface.
- Infinity Air Purifier—Improves air quality by removing harmful and irritating airborne pollutants from the air in your home.
- Humidifier—Replenishes moisture to dry air.
- Ventilator—Combines fresh outdoor air with conditioned indoor air for improved air quality and maximum efficiency—great for today’s tightly constructed home.
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Lamp—Reduces the amount of pollutants, such as mold, bacteria, fungi and viruses on the indoor coil in your system, leaving your home with cleaner, fresher air.
An absolute breakthrough in high-efficiency home comfort solutions.
Greenspeed intelligence maximizes the performance of adaptable-speed technology, whether in the form of modulating valves or variable-speed compressors.
The key to unlocking the full potential of adaptable-speed technology is our exclusive Infinity control. The control uses all the information it knows about your comfort choices, your home’s energy use, the system as a whole and even the temperature outdoors to communicate with the system. So new Infinity systems with Greenspeed intelligence continually respond to the Infinity control’s commands to adjust with great precision to the comfort needs of the home.
Lower energy costs
Only Carrier® systems possess Greenspeed™ intelligence, providing homeowners with consistent comfort, precisely matching to the heating or cooling demands of the home. This translates into miserly energy use and the near-elimination of temperature swings throughout a home.
In fact, the Carrier Infinity® 20 heat pump with Greenspeed intelligence is so efficient it has 29-69% greater heating efficiency than other air source heat pumps available today.
Reduced temperature swings
Carrier® adaptable-speed products are able to uniquely respond to the Infinity® control’s commands due to their ability to adapt their heating or cooling output in tiny increments.
As outdoor conditions change the comfort demands inside the home over the course of a day or even an hour, a constant stream of information is exchanged between the Infinity control and the system. Adaptable-speed components backed by Greenspeed™ intelligence are able to take the control’s commands and make very subtle adjustments to meet the comfort needs of the home.
This allows the system to operate longer at steadier, lower capacities, which ensures incredible energy efficiency and quiet operation with tighter temperature control than standard systems.
Adaptable-speed Infinity® series products with Greenspeed™ intelligence are a rare breed. They provide homeowners with unwavering comfort, precisely matching to the heating or cooling demands of the home. For you, this means they run more economically at lower capacity for longer stretches, keeping temperatures more consistent from room to room and a refreshing airflow throughout the house. And, lower capacity runs means quieter operation. So quiet, you’ll forget it’s there.
The environmentally sound refrigerant of the future
Environmentally sound, chlorine-free Puron® Refrigerant is the refrigerant of the future. And it’s no surprise that Carrier was the only manufacturer to develop indoor cooling products using Puron Refrigerant. As companies worldwide race to upgrade to chlorine-free refrigerants, Carrier offers the experience of having introduced the first air conditioners with an alternative refrigerant in 1996—6 years before other manufacturers caught up.
Today, we have an entire line of heating and cooling products with Puron Refrigerant, available right now to make your home more comfortable.
Why Puron Refrigerant?
The 1990 Clean Air Act identified refrigerant R-22—the longtime industry standard refrigerant used in most air conditioning and heat pump systems—must be phased out.
Carrier’s extensive testing in hundreds of thousands of homes has proven that Puron Refrigerant is superior to R-22 not only in environmental safety, but in performance and energy efficiency. These outstanding results have made Puron Refrigerant the universally accepted, long-term refrigerant for the heating and cooling industry.
Is Puron Refrigerant Right For You?
If you are considering upgrading your air conditioner or heat pump, keep in mind that Carrier’s Puron Refrigerant-based products offer several homeowner benefits, including:
- Energy Efficiency — Most of our Puron Refrigerant air conditioners and heat pumps offer higher efficiency ratings. Puron Refrigerant’s heat-transfer properties lend themselves to higher-efficiency performance.
- Future Cost Of Service Savings — Because of U.S. government restrictions on future production, refrigerants with ozone-harming CFCs, the refrigerant used in most of today’s heat pumps and air conditioners, will become harder to find and, eventually, more expensive. Upgrading to Puron Refrigerant now can help you avoid the potential rising cost of servicing most of today’s air conditioners and heat pumps.
- Reliability — Carrier air conditioners and heat pumps with Puron Refrigerant have become the most reliable products in our entire line.
- Quiet Operation — Many of the air conditioners and heat pumps with Puron Refrigerant also offer Carrier’s Silencer System technology for quieter operation.
Keeping your home comfortable at any temperature
Innovative Carrier IdealHumidity™ systems constantly control both temperature and humidity, day and night, in any season. With an IdealHumidity system, you can monitor and adjust your home’s humidity level even when your home comfort system isn’t actively heating or cooling. Maintaining the proper balance of moisture in your home keeps you more comfortable at higher temperatures in the summer and lower temperatures in the winter.
In the summer, Carrier variable-speed blower systems work in concert with Carrier’s highly refined Thermidistat™ Control to remove up to 30 times more moisture than a standard system, keeping you cool and more comfortable. Plus, it can also save you up to 21% in cooling costs.
Maintain consistent, warm temperatures
With an ordinary furnace, your indoor temperature can fluctuate from your desired settings. Advanced Carrier ComfortHeat™ technology allows your furnace to maintain temperatures consistently close to your desired setting by running longer, quieter heating cycles—reducing temperature swings by half.
Ordinary furnaces warm your home with a series of full-speed-ahead blasts of warm air that leave your home too warm or too cold. When the furnace isn’t running, the temperature can drop before the next heating cycle begins.
Gas furnaces with ComfortHeat technology operate at low heating capacity up to 90% of the time, making the furnace quieter and much more energy efficient. Ordinary furnaces can only operate at full capacity, which increases noise and energy usage.
Plus, when a variable speed unit with ComfortHeat is matched with a Carrier Thermidistat™ Control, the IdealHumidity™ System can remove up to 30 times more moisture from your home than an ordinary cooling system—allowing you to set the temperature in your home higher.