We love all of our clients’ pets and we’re proud pet owners, too. Just as we appreciate good, healthy food, so do our furry friends. We have a lot recipes we’ve collected over the years and we’d like to share them with you.
ChooChoo, one of our happy chocolate labs, likes her treats. Her favorite snacks are Sam’s Yams, which are dried, U.S. grown sweet potatoes. These snacks are hard, chewy, extremely nutritious, and 100% sweet potato and great for diet restricted dogs. This is a great balance between yummy and healthy!
First Spring Picnic Treats
When spring comes around and we fire up the grill loaded with juicy cuts of steak and chops, don’t forget about the doggos! ChooChoo and her friends love to play around the yard, but they’ll need a little extra energy and happiness. These crunchy treats are frozen, but quickly melt in a dog’s mouth and gives them a taste of heaven. That’s spring!
ChooChoo’s Crunchy Cold Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (use another type of flour if your dog is allergic to wheat)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fresh peanut butter (with all of the good oil and none of the bad)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, for a glistening coat
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix dry ingredients together well. Mix in the peanut butter and hot water. You may need to add more flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Knead the dough well.
- Roll out the dough into 1/4″ thickness and cut into dog-paw shapes with dog cookie cutters.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven and let them cool overnight.
- Place in large bag and into freezer to make the cookies extra crunchy, just the way your dog likes it!